Can someone tell me...

How to make the switch from G to C without having my fingers feel like bananas?

How to squeeze all three fingers in the second fret for the A chord?

How to keep up with the guys in the praise band when they rehearse to tempo and never tell me what they're going to play until I get there?

Why my pinky finger feels like a half cooked hot dog whenever I try to use it on the high E string?

How I get these feelings from my chest into the sound board?

And, how to I put them back in once I've let them out?

3 Comments:

  1. Saints and Spinners said...
    Hey there! I don't know if I can help you with the squeezing of the fingers for the A chord, but I think I can help with the G to C chord: omit your pointer finger from the G chord and switch everything over one finger. That is, the middle finger is on the 5th string, the ring finger is on the 6th string, and the pinky is on the 1st string. Then, you're all set up to play the C chord. One added benefit is that you'll get used to playing chords with different fingers, and that'll be good for freeing up your pointer finger for those dreaded barre chords!
    Clydesdale Jogger said...
    Thanks alkelda. Yeah, I know I should use my pinky. But my friend Doug tells me I have to use my pinky and I don't like to do what Doug tells me to do. I know you don't know Doug, but if you did, he'd be your friend too (he's just that kind of guy) but you'd resist using your pinky just because you know it bugs the snot out of him.

    Seriously though, I'll start practicing on it.
    Saints and Spinners said...
    That reminds me of one of Claire Danes' lines in the first episode of "My So-Called Life" when she says, "I cannot eat a balanced meal in front of my mother. It would mean too much to her."

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.