It's not the tune, it's the groove, baby!

You know, sometimes I get bored playing guitar. Down right bored. I mean, how many times can I go from G to D to C and back to G again? How many times can I play the same songs over and over? Why do I bother when it doesn't seem like I'm doing anything new? Well, that's how I've been feeling quite often this winter. And then, fate would bring me a new challenge, or at least a renewed spirit. I came across a video on YouTube by Rockongoodpeople that taught a strum pattern new to me. I realized in a near instant that my boredom wasn't in chords, but in rhythm. There's a whole new life to the same old chords when you get out of the comfortable rhythms you started with at the beginning.

Rockongoodpeople is tied to the commercial venture at www.nextlevelguitar.com. I know nothing of their commercial products, but they offer many free videos at their site and on YouTube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.