Once

I have just finished watching the film Once.

I'm not going to review it.

I'm not going to summarize it.

I'm going to think about it for awhile. And then I'm going to think about it some more.

Maybe, just maybe I'll write about it later.

But, I will make one comment about the film and say it most emphatically.

If you have ever felt music in your gut, clawing it's way through your chest, across your shoulders and down your arms to your hands and if you've ever wanted those hands to make the music you feel...

...then you will appreciate this film.

4 Comments:

  1. Saints and Spinners said...
    I just placed a reserve on the DVD.
    Clydesdale Jogger said...
    Honestly Al, I've not been moved by a film like this in years. You might as well reserve the soundtrack too...
    ALittleGuitar said...
    I'll have to seek this out. Is my nearby Blockbuster likely to have it?

    And if I may make a recommendation, you might like the book "Guitar Man," which is the tale of a later-in-life beginning guitarist. I posted something about it on my blog today. The author has done a similar book about songwriting.
    Clydesdale Jogger said...
    Hi ALG, yes I think Blockbuster would have it. It won an Oscar in 2007 for best song. As a librarian I would, of course, encourage you to check your local library, ;)

    I have read "guitar man" and enjoyed it very much. I did not know of his songwriting book. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestions!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.