Unexpected Thanksgiving

I'm sitting in my cousin's den, stuffed to the gills with turkey and gravy and faux-tatoes. I've much to be thankful for. My health, my weight loss, my wife and kids and my extended family are at the top.

However, I was just served an unexpected compliment that I am also quite thankful for--especially given my recent musical angst.

About 10 minutes ago, my cousin's son (a moody 17 year old) walked up and asked, "Did you bring your guitar?"

No, said I. I didn't want to annoy anyone.

"But it was cool when you played at camp out," he said.

Are you funnin' with me? I asked.

"No! I liked it. Bring it to Christmas."

And then he sulked off.

And I'm walking on Cloud Nine.

*edited to correct spelling. Gravey?

2 Comments:

  1. Saints and Spinners said...
    Nice one! What were the fauxtatoes? Whipped cauliflower?
    Clydesdale Jogger said...
    Yep. The first time I had them too. A bit runnier than true potatoes, but still tasty with Aunt Wanda's gravy. Mmmmmmm. Gravy.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.