I've been working through this fingerstyle book I picked up at my local library. I never would have guessed just how simple and yet so complicated finger style could be. Even more than that, I never would have guessed how much I would enjoy learning the style.

The book seems to me to be very basic with easy to understand instruction. Yet the compositions the author created for the exercises are quite lovely. What's more, I've discovered chords beyond the first four frets. Always exciting.

Perhaps I'll need to figure out how to record one of the compositions and post it here.

1 Comment:

  1. Chainsaw said...
    Fingerstyle is great fun, I agree! It can be alot more expressive than using a pick, because your hand is actually in contact with the strings.

    On my website I have some fingerstyle (and other) exercises you might find helpful www.chainsawmaniac.tk

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.