Summer Blah

Wow! Over a month and nothing new for AmishGuitar... And yet, I still have nothing on my mind to share with the semi-anonymous.

I think about this blog a lot and wonder when I'm going to be inspired to share again. And it's not like I haven't had quite a deal of adventure this summer to tell you about. I just never got around to tell you. And now that summer is nearly over, it seems a little awkward to bring up the minutia of my life when I can barely remember what was so exciting.

It has been such a weird summer anyway. Never really got hot until just a few days ago, and then not for long. It went by in a flash (I remember when, as a kid, summer lasted at least a year) and I don't feel like I got a lot accomplished. We didn't go anywhere as a family. We didn't really do much of anything except run around from one inconsequential thing to the next. It was pretty much a summer of work and cleaning house in case someone wanted to actually buy the damn thing.

Rats. I hoped that sitting down and typing the above drivel would have produced at least one idea. I guess it didn't.

2 Comments:

  1. Saints and Spinners said...
    I found the summer stressful, and as a result, had a hard time blogging for entertainment.

    In the meantime, here are some guitar tips I'm sending as addendums to your guitar lesson series. You determine which ones are tongue-in-cheek:

    1. No matter how many times you tell your young audience members that you need room and not sit right under the headstock, when they ignore you and get clunked on the head, chances are that their parents will blame you.

    2. Just because you tuned the guitar before you left the house doesn't mean it's still in tune when you take it out of its case.

    3. If you use capos, always have a backup.

    4. A screwdriver is a handy tool to have in your guitar kit. Who knows when the screws that hold the knobs for your guitar strap will come loose. Who knows indeed....

    5. If you have to get a digit caught in the car door, it may as well be the left thumb.

    6. When I ask men who've played guitar for years WHY they started playing guitar, they often sheepishly reply, "I hoped it would help me get girls." Lesson: maybe it's not all about talent and aptitude.
    Brad the Gorilla said...
    What did you have for lunch?

    My word verifier is "butur". Ohhh, I love butur. Especially fried peanut butur and banana sandwiches. Did Elvis ever batter and deep-fry them? He should have.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.